Saturday, August 27, 2005

gone fishin'

Well I'm back in Des Moines until I leave for germany. I'm not leaving until Sept 28 when I fly to Philadelphia to visit a friend and go to a Killer's concert. I fly from there to Frankfurt on sunday oct 2nd. I had plans to go on a long road trip out west to Gunnison CO, vegas, LA, and San Fran, but as it turns there's some significant problems with my car. It's fine for shorter trips (at least for the next couple months) but to make it road worthy for a long road trip would cost more than I'm prepared to spend. So it looks like I'm going to have to settle for a cheap flight to Vegas and a much curtailed trip out west. This means more time to kill in good old Des Moines. I am still planning on making a couple trips down to Lawrence however.

I did just get back from a trip to Fort Dogde where I visited my sister Jill and her husband Jeremy. We had a good time and went fishing on the river. Here's a picture I took of Jill and Jeremy on his fishing boat.



And just for the record I caught two fish (on back to back casts no less) while Jeremy, the expert fisherman, caught one tiny one. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to prove it because he quickly cut my fish loose and freed them before I could get my camera out. So far, Fort Dodge is as far as my recent travels have taken me, but hopefully in the near future I'll be reporting of my adventures in Lawrence (where there are many friends I miss) and of course Vegas -- all of which is just a prelude to the real travels ahead in europe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home