Sunday, September 04, 2005

Lawrence

I just got back from a fun weekend in Lawrence. And thanks once again to Yancy and Emily for letting me crash at their place friday and Dusan for letting me crash at his place saturday. Friday night was Haley's 21st birthday and she threw, in Deron's words, an almost too successful party -- meaning, so many people and good friends of Haley's showed up that it was hard to leave and go hit the bars. Everyone seemed to be having a good time but I think Yancy, Emily, Jesse and I all felt a bit old. Some of the kids there were clearly freshmen. Eventually we made our way to the Replay.

Emily, Yancy, and Jesse having a good time.

Deron, Jesse, and I

This one's my favorite. It's a good one of Deron and Haley with Yancy and Emily trying to escape the frame.

All things considered it was fun and eventful night. Especially for Jesse who had a conversation with some classical radio guy at the Replay about a composer he completely made up, nearly got into a bar brawl with a very large Irish guy and his friend by innocently (in a way only Jesse could) calling him Scandinavian over and over again and asking him how he felt about being Protestant in Scandinavia when the guy was very very catholic. All the while Jesse was insisting that he should buy him a beer because that's what Jesus would do. When they got pissed and walked off Jesse yelled to them "there's no reason to be ashamed about being a protestant from Scandinavia". It was all quite amusing. He then had a brief conversation with a former student of mine, who I ran in to at the replay, about spanking, before ending the night at Yancy and Emily's impromptu after hours party with an unintentionally (I think) very funny story I'm still trying to figure out. The only thing that was clear was that Jesse was "so serious!" about it and was definately "not making this up!"

Saturday Yancy, Emily, Deron, Haley and I went to the new Bill Murray movie "Broken Flowers". I think we all agreed it was pretty good. We then went to Quinton's for dinner and later met up with Dusan, and Scott at Louise's.

Here's Emily, Yancy, Scott, Dusan, Deron and Haley

Haley and I

And here's Yancy, Emily, Scott, and I

Then we headed over to the Pig and met up with Matt W. Everyone had a good time. Here's a couple pictures.

There's Matt on the right.

I plan on heading down to Lawrence again in the 16th for the phil dept party but that will probably be my last visit there for quit some time. Right now I'm searching around for a cheap flight to Vegas for this thursday. The plan is to fly into Vegas on thursday and hang out with Ben (my brother in law) until sunday and then I'll head over to L.A. to visit my sister in Long Beach for a few days. It should be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey, I think these comments are spam--you should block anonymous entries, maybe . . .

ps--blog looks great; nice write-up on Jesse!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home