Wednesday, September 14, 2005

L.A. and Long Beach

I’ve just arrived back from L.A. and I had a lot of fun. Monday night Janet and I went to Hollywood and had dinner at the Hamburger Hamlet right across from Grauman's Chinese theater. Here’s a picture.

I’m not sure whether you can see them in the background but while we were eating we watched two Star Wars fans fight with light sabers while this crazy Elvis guy danced around. There’s a lot of interesting people down on Hollywood Blvd. It wasn’t as big as I was expecting and I was surprised to see that some parts of Hollywood are a bit sketchy at night.

Tuesday Janet left work early and we drove around Long Beach. We went down to the pier and had lunch. Here’s a few pictures I took while we were eating.



It’s hard to make it out but the Queen Mary is in the background of this one.

After lunch we drove up the pacific coast highway. It was absolutely amazing. You wind around these cliffs and hills that are lined up and down with multi-million dollar mansions. Here’s a few pictures of the ocean I took along the way.



Probably the most beautiful (and I’m sure, expensive) area we passed through was Rodundo Beach. It was gorgeous. Here’s a pic of the main street.


Right after Redondo you hit Hermosa Beach and Janet and I decided to stop there for a break. We walked out by the pier and then along the beach. They were filming some sort of tv show or movie but the set was all blocked off and we couldn’t tell what exactly it was. There were lots of women running around in white robes which peaked my interest but I didn’t recognize any of them. Here’s a few pics of Hermosa Beach.



After stopping for a quick beer next to the pier we headed off for Santa Monica to meet up with a couple of Janet's friends. We arrived there just around sunset and checked out the pier.


Then we headed over to the promenade area which is full of shops, bars, and street performers. I was excited to see the dancing Yoda who dances to Britney Spears songs I had heard so much about from my sister but alas he was not there that night. After a nice dinner and a couple drinks we called it a night and headed back to Glendale. As we were leaving I asked this guy to take a picture of all of us. I think he was a little drunk because the picture didn't turn out so well. Here it is anyway.

Today we got up early and braved the traffic down to Cal State Long Beach. Here’s a picture of Janet in her office.

After she took care of a few things we grabbed some lunch and then headed over to the Long Beach airport. I couldn’t believe how small it was. Most of it was outside and there were only like 4 gates. It was actually very nice... fresh air and no crowds. I’m glad I flew out of there instead of LAX. There girl behind me on the flight to Phoenix was throwing up the whole flight and it was pretty gross to listen to. Fortunately it was only 45min flight. My whole trip was a lot of fun and now there’s just a two weeks before I go to germany. I will be heading down to Lawrence this weekend and I’ll be sure to report on my adventures.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

cure fungus nail indeed!
but seriously, that's quite a vacation . . . all the pics here & in the Vegas post are cool--though I think we all know which one is my favorite . . . nicely done

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home