Friday, July 14, 2006

Speyer


I just got back from Speyer which is a medium sized town to the south of Mainz on the Rhein. It actually turned out to be a really nice city and well worth a visit. Here’s the famous Kaiserdom zu Speyer. It was built between 1030 and 1124.



Here's a short video of the Dome:


Here’s the inside:


Including the creepy crypt in the basement full of really old dead people:


Behind the Dome there’s a really nice park that leads to the Rhein. Here’s a few pics along the way.


And here’s the Rhein:


I then walked back through the other part of the town full of shopping and restaurants.




And a couple of other nice cathedrals:





Well tomorrow I’m going to a Wir Sind Helden concert and I’ll try and take some video. And next week I’m going to try and visit Marburg and Stuttgart. I’ve realized how little time I have left and I’ve got to make the most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home