Sunday, September 18, 2005

Lawrence part 2

I just got back from Lawrence and it was a little sad because it could be a long time before I’m ever back there. Friday night Deron, Haley, Scott, Jesse and I went to the Replay. It was surprisingly empty there... that is, until Matt W. arrived. Then the place was hopping.

Jesse, Deron and Haley


Scott, Jesse, Deron (behind Haley) and Haley


Matt, Jesse, and Haley


Saturday I went to J.B. Stouts with Yancy, Emily and Ryan to watch Iowa beat up on UNI, which they did (sorry Ryan). Later that evening we went to the phil dept party (excluding Nathan Cox who got into a fight with a car door on the way to the party and subsequently had to go home... don’t ask). I guess I don’t have any pictures from the party but as you would expect the grad students all hung out on the porch by the keg while most of the faculty hung out inside by the wine. It was fun though and thanks to prof Marquis for hosting the party. Afterwards several of us went to the Pig. Here’s a picture that I guess speaks for itself. I’m not sure who’s enjoying it more, Dusan or Yancy.


Deron was apparently camera shy saturday because in almost every picture he’s hiding behind Haley or covering his face with his cap.



Here’s Yancy, Ryan, Dusan, and Tamela


After closing out the Pig Scott invited everyone back to his place. At about three someone had the great idea to play trivial pursuit. We did almost play a whole game but shortly after four it dawned on us just how late it was and everyone headed home. It was a fun last visit to Lawrence and a good send off to germany. Thanks to Deron for letting me crash at his place on friday and Scott for letting me crash on saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home