Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Philadelphia

Yesterday I flew into Philadelphia to visit my friends Tim and Jess. Last night we went out to a cool bar called Eulogy where I had mussels for the first time and damn were they good. They also had like 500 kinds of beers on their menu. It was a pretty cool place right in the middle of the old part of downtown. Here’s a pic of Tim, Jess, and I.


Our beers came with some weird plastic horse things around the neck of the bottle which Jess thought made nice earrings.

She made me try them on too.

After Eulogy Tim talked us into going to see the movie “A History of Violence”. It was terrible! It had the worst dialogue of any movie I’ve seen recently. And you keep expecting this big twist but it never comes. Thank god the movie just finally ends. Just for the record Tim is the same guy who forced me to go see “Van Helsing” instead of “Mean Girls”.

Today we visited Villanova and I was very impressed. The campus is gorgeous.

I checked out the Augustine Center, which is the Liberal Arts building, and picked up some info on the grad phil program. After getting something to eat we headed out to check out the Phillies’ game. The Phillies’s season was on the line so the park was packed and we had to get tickets clear up in the bleachers under the giant bell. Here’s a couple pics from our seats.


The seats were actually ok because even though we were far away we could still see everything. The Phillies owned the Mets 16 to 6 keeping their playoff hopes alive. It was a fun game to watch because there was like 7 homers altogether. Tomorrow I think we’re going to do some touristy stuff and then Friday we’re headed to NY for the Killers’ concert. It should be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know about you, but american singles makes me think of cheese . . .
anyway, glad to hear you're enjoying yourself--looking forward to more posts!

(&, ps, I love that you compare the best reviewed movie of the year to van helsing--only you could pull that off)

cheers

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home