Tuesday, February 21, 2006

ready for spring

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in quite awhile. The truth is I haven't had much to report. It's been so cold here that I've left campus only about 3 or 4 times since I've been back. I've simply gone to class and the mensa and that's about it. I haven't done any traveling. The semester is about over and last friday I had my big german exam... 3 hours! For the most part it was easy with the exception of the listening section. It was so frustrating because I understood everything but the directions were a bit confusing and it was unclear what information we were supposed to write down. Plus we didn't have enough time. But the rest was a piece of cake so I'm not worried. As far as my philosophy lectures, I'm finally getting to a point where I can follow what's going on but philosophy is so complicated that I probably only get about 40% of the lectures; but at least I'm not in a complete fog anymore. Anyway, it is warming up a bit and spring is right around the corner. We have some time off between the semesters so I will definately do some traveling. I'm for sure going to Venice and Vienna but beyond that I'm not sure. On a completely different topic, although most of the music here is american and british, I have discovered some good german bands... Wir sind Helden, Die Toten Hosen, Die Ärzte, und this really cool rap group called Rödelheim Hartreim Projekt. I also bought season 6 of Buffy in german. Although when I started watching it I realized that it's really hard to translate since the writers often make up words and use lots of play on words. As a result the german translation is often really confusing. Nevertheless it's pretty cool. Anyway I will try and be better about posting from now on. Here's a pic of some of my friends and I enjoying a fun night out the other weekend.

Tschüss... and go KU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home