Thursday, March 23, 2006

Praha, Prag, Prague


Well I'm back in Mainz after my trip to Vienna and Prague. When I arrived in Prague it was very cold and the streets were covered with snow and ice. Everyone said it was very unusual for march. As a result I really didn't do much my first day because it was just to hard to get around. But the next day the sun was out and though it was still a bit cold the majority of the snow began to melt so I walked around a bit. I went to the Wenceslas Square and then took the metro to the Staromestske Square where the famous Atronomical clock and town hall are. Here's a few pics:






And here's the Astronomical clock which every hour puts on a "show". People cram into the area in front of the clock every hour to see what this huge clock is going to do. It's not quite as disappointing as KU basketball... but close. I'll post a video soon.


After a few days in Vienna I returned to Prague to catch my flight back to Mainz. Fortunately the weather was much better so I went all the way over to the St Charles Bridge and got some nice pictures around sunset. Here's a few:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home