Thursday, March 23, 2006

Wien, Vienna


Vienna was also very nice, and also very cold the first couple days. After a four hour train ride from Prague I checked into my hostel and walked through the center of town. It starting getting dark and much colder when I arrived at Stephansplatz (the center of the Altstadt) so I didn't stay long. Here's a few pictures of Stephansdom and Platz:


I stayed at a really cool youth hostel called Wombat's which is considered one of the best in europe and the cleanest. Though it's not quite as fun as the Flying Pig Hostel it's nice and very clean. I met a lot of cool people there. Here's Rico from Argentina, Mina from Düsseldorf, and I. Rico was quite funny because the only german he knew was from Rammstein lyrics. Nevertheless he did try to speak with Mina and I in german... with limited success.

Someone put this funny white hat on me.

Here's the manager (left) and some guy. The Manager was really cool and told me he had studied business in college and hated it so he's now studying philosophy.

The next day I walked through the Hofburg Palace and Josephs Platz. Here's a video and a few pictures:




The next few days I tooke it easy on the walking since my feet were a bit sore. But I did walk some more through the Altstadt and through the Stadtpark. Here's a few more pictures:



So I still have about three weeks free before the next semester begins and I'll probably take one more trip but I'm not sure where. I think a couple of friends of mine are thinking about traveling a little so I'll probably just go wherever they decide.

Bis bald... tscühss!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So, I was totally prepared--no offense--to be disappointed by the video, and then, for no apparent reason, a horse-drawn carriage showed up: well done; well done indeed.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Scott James said...

Aaron. Join our Jayhawk nation blog you lazy a**. You missed my April fools joke where I got yancy and Deron!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home