Sunday, October 30, 2005

Happy Halloween from Köln


Last night Esther, Karina, and I went to the movies. We saw, “Der Jungfrau (40), männlich, sucht” (The 40 Old Virgin). There were no sub-titles. The movies are always dubbed over here. The plot was simple enough that I understood it pretty well, but I didn’t get all the jokes. It wasn’t as good as I had heard it was and I don’t think it was because of the language thing. Esther hated it by the way. Anyway, today I traveled to Köln because I have a few days off before my classes begin again. Here’s a pic from the train.

The cathedral here is every bit as amazing as people say it is. It’s absolutely huge and very gothic. I guess it makes for a nice place to be right before halloween. In fact tonight I’ve seen a few people running around in costumes. Also I think there was a soccer game tonight or something because everybody’s drinking and celebrating and chanting fight songs. But then that’s kind of how every night is in germany. Anyway, here’s a bunch of pictures I took of the cathedral. I got a little picture happy, I know, but I think it was warranted.



Here's one from inside. There was actually a mass going on so they made the tourists stay at the back of the church. It was very pretty and they even had an orchestra performing.

Here's some from the front



and the other side



And here's a couple from at night that look a little spooky.


Auf jeden Fall, finde ich Köln sehr schön. Die Dome ist etwas ganz besonders.

Lg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home